Monday, March 8, 2010

Ridiculous weekend of music and speaking dates; topped off by a dodgeball tournament!

What a relaxing Monday!!! And it has been much needed after a BUSY weekend! I had a total of six events I had scheduled in the three short days of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! It all started Friday morning when I was at Grace Bible College to lead worship for their chapel, then that night I was playing Guitars for my boy Beacon Light (Christian Rap artist out of Grand Rapids, MI). We were opening up for D-Maub, Everyday Process, and R-swift on the "Hand Of God Tour" at the Edge Urban Fellowship in Grand Rapids (The hip-hop church I attend on Sat. nights) After the show, I didn't get back to my room at the mission till about 2:00 in the morning, and I had an engagement at one of the supporting churches of my youth ministry at 8:00 am... So I went and hung out with some of the good people at Parkside Bible Church and when that was done it was back to the Edge to play guitar for our weekly Sat. night "session" (or church service). The next morning, Sunday, It was back to Parkside again where I got the awesome priveledge to share with their high school and jr. high Sunday school classes, as well as speak in their morning service about Rock Youth Ministries. After things wrapped up at Parkside; I drove out to Grand Rapids to pick up Beacon Light and our drummer Alvin so we could head out to Lansing, MI where we again did a set as part of the "Hand Of God Tour" I got back in the wee hours of the morning and collapsed thankfully on my bed.... oh what an amazing feeling that was!

I slept in this morning for a bit before heading over to my office and getting caught up on some things, and then this evening I got to hang out with one of the fith graders from my youth program. They were having a big town-wide dodgeball tournament at Holland High School! They put together teams from the different elementary schools, and threw down! It was quite epic to watch two herds of elementary school students swarm at each other like a stampeding herd and the chaos that soon erupted as a result! Afterwards, I went and got some Mickey D's with the student I had brought with me and got a chance to catch up with him a bit.

But now my coffee shop I get internet from is closing and they are about to kick me out... So, until next time, keep it real!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you guys were part of the tour, rock on! Also, the tourney sounds like it would have been a blast.

    ReplyDelete